Demon Slayer Episode 4 season 3 has already put its foot on the gas with the action of its anime season 3, and this time the villain seen in action is none other than Hantengu. Indeed, the one who is identified as Upper Moon 4 has started dealing blows left and right, and has already given Tanjiro and Genya a good beating. But who is this demon really and what are his abilities that make him so powerful?
Table of Contents
Who is the upper moon in Demon Slayer Episode 4 season 3
- Demon Slayer Episode 4 season 3 To begin talking about Hantengu, we need to mention the obvious: he has multiple appearances.
- Demon Slayer Episode 4 season 3 While we first know him as a bald old man who mostly gets around on all fours, he actually ends up with a total of 7 different appearances that are characterized by a rejuvenated face as well as long brown hair (not in all cases).
- Demon Slayer Episode 4 season 3 It must be said that Hantengu’s seven appearances date back to the time when he was human. At that time, he committed all sorts of crimes for which he always claimed his innocence. Despite his atrocities, he was a person who always reacted with fear towards everything that crossed his path, to the point that the juxtaposition of his cruelty and his fear eventually led to madness.
- Demon Slayer Episode 4 season 3 Thus, Hantengu’s different appearances are characterized by various emotions such as anger, joy, apathy and so on, because Hantengu’s main body was unable to express anything other than fear.
- Each of Hantengu’s appearances represents the following human emotion:
- Sekido is related to anger.
- Karaku is linked to the emotions of joy.
- Aizetsu is related to a feeling of apathy.
- Urogi, similar to Karaku, is characterized by extreme joy.
- Zohakuten is similar to Sekido in that it shows emotions of anger.
- Urami, although looking exactly like Hantengu, has a face identified with fury (which, indeed, contrasts with Hantengu’s fear).
Powers and abilities of Hantengu, the Upper Moon in Demon Slayer Episode 4 season 3
Each of Hantengu’s appearances has its own abilities, which are classified as follows:
- Sekido: he is characterized by immense speed and great reflexes, as well as the ability to modify his body at will. The latter allows him to do what is perhaps his greatest power: absorb other clones to create Zohakuten, a Hantengu clone of immense power. He can also generate high voltage electricity.
- Karaku: He also possesses the ability to alter his physique to some degree, as well as display brutal physical strength coupled with great physical endurance. This demon is also capable of generating extremely powerful winds.
- Aizetsu: This personality is also capable of altering his physique to some extent and has great endurance. He is also able to throw his spear to attack from a great distance.
- Urogi: This appearance features a bird-like body that allows it to fly and perform heel strikes that can split a diamond. Urogi can also generate powerful sound waves with his screams that stun opponents.
- Zohakuten: Zohakuten’s main ability is the ability to control the wood around him at will, for offensive and defensive purposes. In addition, being the combination of the 4 previous appearances of Hantengu, he also has the ability to use his abilities in an enhanced form.
- Urami: This clone of Hantengu, identical in appearance to the main body, is greatly enlarged so that Hantengu can hide inside it and use it as an escape route if needed.
That’s all you need to know about Hantengu, the Upper Moon 4 who appears as one of the two main villains in the Blacksmith Village arc of « Kimetsu no Yaiba ». Given her rank, it is obvious that she was one of the most powerful High Moons in Muzan’s service, and her defeat sets the stage for the final stretch of the story.