One Piece anime fans have rarely been satisfied with live-action versions of some of their favorite series. Death Note was a flop, Dragon Ball Evolution was a horror, and The Zodiac movie seems to be a disaster, so few believe that Netflix will redeem itself with its ambitious One Piece adaptation.
Table of Contents
The last thing we knew about the series was that it would be coming to the platform later this year and that the author of the original manga, Eiichiro Oda, was thrilled with the footage he was able to see with his own eyes. However, a few weeks ago, a rumor surfaced that the first internal screenings of the One Piece movie did not please the producers at all. Netflix knows that fans are concerned and so they shared some very positive news earlier this afternoon.
One Piece filming could be delayed if Oda gives the order
- Netflix has shared an official press release from Oda himself revealing some important details about the production and premiere of the One Piece series ⭐.
- On the one hand, we have the revelation that the first season will consist of a total of 8 episodes, something that was not previously known✅.
- And on the other hand, the confirmation that the live-action is scheduled for a release in 2023….. unless Eiichiro Oda does not want it?.
- The mangaka himself assures that Netflix assured him that they would not release the series until he was « satisfied »❗❗❗❗.
- No doubt this is something that will reassure One Piece fans, as no one is more eager than Oda himself for this production to be a success.
- On the other hand, it opens the door to a possible delay if elements appear that the author❓❗❗❗❗❗ is not happy with.
And in what month could the series be aired?
Given that it’s already May and we still don’t have a single trailer for the One Piece movie, we can expect to not see it on our TV sets until the end of 2023. However, Mackenyu, the actor who will play Zoro Roronoa, has hinted that it could be released in the fall. We’ll have to wait and see if this is true or not.