A Hell’s Paradise Season 2 : Jigokuraku » is the new MAPPA anime that adapts the story of Gabimaru, the ninja condemned to death who now has a new chance to escape his sentence and return to live with his wife. The story has only just begun, but it has already been shown that the strange beings who inhabit the island where the Elixir of Immortality is found are far more than human.
Table of Contents
At this point in the story, I think it’s time to ask the question: will there be a Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku Season 2?
Here’s everything you need to know about a possible Hell’s Paradise season 2 : Jigokuraku
Here is a brief review of the status of the « Jigokuraku » anime and how the manga adaptation has been approached:
- Hell’s Paradise season 2 : Jigokuraku adapted in its first 6 anime episodes the first 16 chapters of the manga, which make up the first story arc. This is basically everything that happens up to the moment you arrive on the island.
- What this last piece of information means is that MAPPA has been making an adaptation (to date) that covers 2-3 manga chapters for each chapter of their anime, which is a fairly standard pace.
- Now, the next story arc, which is the one we have already started under the name of ‘Lord Tensen’, has many more chapters than the first arc: a total of 47. This means that, at a similar pace to what we have seen, MAPPA will require between 16 and 23 episodes to adapt all its content. Logically, this is something that is unfeasible in the first season, as it will conclude with 13 episodes.
- Consequently, only one reality remains: Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku will have an anime season 2. But what will we see in the next phase of the story?
All you need to know about Jigokuraku Hell’s Paradise season 2
And then I review the content that in theory should adapt the anime of « Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku » if it is to have a second anime season:
- Knowing what I’ve reviewed above, logic leads me to believe that the first season of the anime will have time to cover up to about chapter 20 of the manga of Lord Tensen’s arc (at most). That is, a little less than half.
- What do I base this on? Well, if this new arc starts with chapter 7 of the anime, and the first season will have a total of 13, logically at the rate of 2-3 manga chapters adapted for each anime episode we should arrive at the idea that it would cover between 14 and 21 manga chapters of the second arc.
- Hell’s Paradise season 2 Consequently, a second season of the Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku anime should kick off at the halfway point of Lord Tenzen’s arc. Likewise, this is exactly what I would expect:
- If the second season of Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku were to return to a similar length as the first season, it should serve to adapt the entire second half of the Lord Tenzen arc and, at most, introduce the next story arc – Horai.
- Assuming that the second season of the anime would start roughly around episode 21 of the Lord Tenzen arc, there would be another 26 episodes left to adapt as an anime.
- This means that at a rate of 2-3 manga chapters per anime episode, the second season would require between 9 and 12 episodes to complete Lord Tenzen’s arc. That said: at most it would give us enough for the introduction of the new arc at the end of it all.