« Kimetsu no Yaiba » is one of the pillars of the anime industry, but with the conclusion of Blacksmith’s Village and the announcement of the Pillar Training arc, we’re about to enter the home stretch of the work created by Koyoharu Gotouge (but don’t worry, what’s left isn’t slim either). But… when will the anime return? Well, we don’t know yet, although it’s logical to imagine a date in 2024. That’s why I don’t understand why there’s a rumor circulating that it’ll be in 2027.
Table of Contents
The strange rumour that Kimetsu no Yaiba will return in 2027
To give you an idea of what’s going on, here’s the TikTok I saw that started it all:
And now, let’s talk about it for a bit before it gets out of hand, because social media is what it is:
- In case there were any doubts: it was NOT said at any point that the anime Kimetsu no Yaiba would return in 2027. In fact, I give 0.00000000000000001% that something like that will ever happen. ????
- Leaving aside the fact that TikTok’s message itself is still poorly written, the truth is that there’s no solid basis on which to say that 2027 will be the year in which the next Kimetsu no Yaiba anime will be released. I literally have no idea where this is coming from. ????
- The only thing I can figure is that the person who made the TikTok misread something by someone speculating that THE END of Kimetsu no Yaiba could land in 2027, and that’s actually something that’s possible within the realm of possibility. ????
- While logically the Infinite Dimensional Fortress arc is one that has a lot to cut (it comes after the short-lived Pillar Training), once it’s concluded, the « end » of Kimetsu no Yaiba as such shouldn’t be particularly long. So something around 2027 seems viable for the conclusion of the anime as such. ????
- Clearly, if you’re told that the « Kimetsu no Yaiba » anime won’t be rerun until 2027, don’t pay any attention to it. There are many reasons why such a decision makes no sense, starting with the fact that Gotouge-sensei’s manga ended years ago (so there’s no need to wait for anything to continue adapting it) and then because the money « Kimetsu no Yaiba » is making today makes it necessary to keep it constantly moving. So don’t worry.